Gas Cylinder Tracking
Gas cylinder tracking is a pioneering tracking system that will enable us to operate the most effective and fully integrated cylinder tracking system available in the market today; ensuring that we are better positioned to serve the needs of our customers.
Afrox's ability to track and recall (in the unlikely event of a quality or safety issue) any Medical, Industrial or Special Gas cylinder is a Gas Company first in South Africa. This year in Bloemfontein, the local SHEQ staff performed a mock recall of a “faulty” batch of medical cylinders and tracked down every single cylinder that had been filled in that batch. Either at its location on the filling site, at a Retail outlet, at the customer and even empty cylinders from that batch that had already been consumed or refilled – this was a 100% recovery rate - the first time EVER we have managed this level of accuracy with a cylinder recall.
As of 18 February 2019 our Cylinder Tracking system is fully live and all Medical, Industrial and Special Gas cylinders are being tracked Nationally from Afrox Branches, Retail Centres and Agents.
How does cylinder tracking help our customers?
- Peace of mind through increased levels of traceability of gas cylinders.
- Improved invoice accuracy and cylinder management, making it even easier to do business with Afrox.
- Greater reliability and accuracy of stock holdings to help you improve internal cost management.
- Improved handling of gas cylinder inquiries, saving time and effort.
How does cylinder tracking work?
- Every individual Afrox gas cylinder carries a unique barcode.
- All cylinders supplied by Afrox have their barcode scanned at each delivery and on return.
- The cylinder delivery or collection advice note is created after all cylinders have been scanned.
- The advice note lists the serial numbers of all cylinders supplied and returned providing detailed information to help you manage cylinder stocks.
- The cylinders supplied are held on your Afrox account.
- Afrox cylinders can be returned to any Afrox Gas & Gear store or Afrox agent from where they are removed from the account on which originally supplied.
This service is now fully operational for all gas cylinders supplied by Afrox. An important change to how you may currently manage your cylinders.
It is important to note that if you have swapped or inadvertently changed cylinders with another Afrox customer, all returned cylinders are removed from the account upon which they were originally supplied, not from the returning account.
If cylinders are moved around within a customers’ own organisation, this does not impact the overall holdings as Afrox automatically updates the account accordingly.
Protecting your information
In order to resolve customer queries it may at times be necessary to reveal to another customer the name and delivery details of the returning, or initially supplied account.
Visit the Afrox online store for more information and safe and secure shopping.