Gas Cylinder Tracking
Gas cylinder tracking is a pioneering tracking system that will enable us to operate the most effective and fully integrated cylinder tracking system available in the market today; ensuring that we are better positioned to serve the needs of our customers.
This service is now fully operational for all gas cylinders supplied by Afrox.
How does cylinder tracking help our customers?
- Peace of mind through increased levels of traceability of gas cylinders.
- Improved invoice accuracy and cylinder management, making it even easier to do business with Afox.
- Greater reliability and accuracy of stock holdings to help you improve internal cost management.
- Improved handling of gas cylinder enquiries, saving time and effort.
How does cylinder tracking work?
- Every individual Afrox gas cylinder carries a unique barcode.
- All cylinders supplied by Afrox have their barcode scanned at each delivery and on return.
- The cylinder delivery or collection advice note is created after all cylinders have been scanned.
- The advice note lists the serial numbers of all cylinders supplied and returned providing detailed information to help you manage cylinder stocks.
- The cylinders supplied are held on your Afrox account.
- Afrox cylinders can be returned to any Afrox Gas & Gear store or Afrox agent from where they are removed from the account on which originally supplied.
This service is now fully operational for all gas cylinders supplied by Afrox. An important change to how you may currently manage your cylinders.
It is important to note that if you have swapped or inadvertently changed cylinders with another Afrox customer, all returned cylinders are removed from the account upon which they were originally supplied, not from the returning account.
If cylinders are moved around within a customers’ own organisation, this does not impact the overall holdings as Afrox automatically updates the account accordingly.
Protecting your information
In order to resolve customer queries it may at times be necessary to reveal to another customer the name and delivery details of the returning, or initially supplied account.
For more information download the Cylinder Tracking Booklet (Pdf 543 KB)
Visit the Afrox online store for more information and safe and secure shopping.