Specific and immediate action is required with any acetylene cylinder
- The contents gauge shows a pressure higher than 2750 kPa.
- The cylinder is heated accidentally.
- The cylinder becomes unduly warm.
- There is any sign of smoke
- There is an unusual smell with gas discharged.
- An explosion occurs in the regulator or hose.
Notify Afrox without delay, phone 0860 020202 for the nearest Afrox branch details
Afrox maintains close liaison with the Chief Inspector of Factories, the Southern African Compressed Gas Association, the SA Bureau of Standards and all fire departments throughout the country. This ensures maximum safety throughout the industry and also ensures that our recommendations to gas users follow the correct and accepted safety procedures.